Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Years Update

It's been a long time since a random update was posted, so why not now?

We hope everyone had a great New Year!! On New Years Eve we opened the presents we didn't take to Vancouver, watched some TV and drank some champagne. It's kind of nice to have two rounds of gift opening!! I had a five day weekend and Katie had a four day weekend, so we did a lot of relaxing and also saw a couple of movies during that time, specifically Black Swan and True Grit. I found True Grit to be the better movie but both were good.

In other news, I'm still recovering from the Achilles tendon ruination I inflicted upon myself on Black Friday. It is mostly recovered now but I still haven't resumed consistent running again. To mitigate cardiovascular atrophy and to contravene holiday weight gain I decided to join a gym for the first time in my life. So far I've been very happy with this arrangement since it has made it much less urgent for me to run and risk aggravating the rather temperamental injury. When I get back to running I feel like I need to work on my stride to prevent a recurrence of this debilitating debacle.

Job-wise, there is no news to report for either of us. Both of our positions seem to be pretty stable and we're both happy to go to work each day!

I think that is about it from here... we wish everyone a great 2011!

No comments: